Facebook has been with us for over 16 years. Initially, it was dedicated to students of some schools and operated at Harvard University in the US state of Massachusetts. The originator and creator of Facebook is Mark Zuckerberg, who is currently the CEO of this website.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is a social network that brings people together in groups and networks. Its users have the ability to share photos, videos and messages with other people. This well-known social medium is a rich source of information and entertainment, and account holders can use many widely available applications. In May 2012, Facebook appeared on the US Stock Exchange, where it got the highest price per share among debuting listed companies.
Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites whose ranks are fed daily by new users. It is used by private individuals as well as companies, associations and foundations. In 2020, the total number of accounts registered on Facebook exceeded 2.4 billion. In Poland, the number of individuals and companies present on the portal is about 15.5 million. Over 1.3 billion accounts existing on Facebook show daily activity on the website.
Advantages of having a Facebook page
Social media are an invaluable asset for business owners. The Facebook page, known as fanpage, is an excellent means of communication and obtaining information about customers.
Here are some examples of why you should have a Facebook page:
- gives the opportunity to view the portal users’ preferences, which makes it easier to customize the appropriate advertisement,
- enables sales growth by reaching the right customers – thanks to the perfect matching of products to their interests,
- allows to increase brand recognition and helps to present the values with which the company identifies itself,
- shortens the social distance between the company and current and potential consumers, which helps build trust,
- allows you to communicate with website users,
- increases the chances of reaching an increasing number of people using the website through mobile devices.
The possibility of advertising and targeting on Facebook
The specificity of Facebook gives a chance to carry out effective campaigns advertising the company’s products. Branding on this social network can play a significant role in effectively reaching future consumers. By insight into statistics of users’ behavior and needs, it also enables targeted promotional campaigns to be carried out at the right time.
Targeting is a modern marketing tool that helps to address the company’s offer to a given group of recipients. Consumer selection is based on several variants, which – depending on the needs – can be used separately or together.
These are the following indicators:
- demographic characteristics – age, gender, education, partnerships, work, etc.,
- location – the user’s place of residence or destination, which determines the possibility of using the local offer,
- interests – this is the most commonly used guideline, it determines the hobby and interests of the user, which allows to precisely target the right advertisement.
Owning a Facebook page allows you to promote your company’s products or services in one of the most-visited social media. This portal gives unlimited possibilities to reach current and potential customers. The condition for success is the perfect matching of the company’s products to the target group, which is greatly facilitated by the tools provided by the website.